Sunday, February 24, 2008

Purpose of this blog

I have recently decided to start a blog on personal feelings and experiences I have around doctrinal issues. My hope is that writing my feelings and appropriate personal revelation and epiphanies will both help me understand more about what I write (in the same way a journal helps people sort through their feelings and somewhat objectively review their goings-on)as well as potentially be a tool for others of the LDS faith (and ideally for those seeking to understand more of the LDS [Mormon] religion).


The impetus for much of this blog was due in large part to Elder Ballard's challenge that he gave in December 2007.

“We cannot stand on the sidelines while others, including our critics, attempt to define what the Church teaches,” he said.

“While some conversations have audiences in the thousands or even millions, most are much, much smaller. But all conversations have an impact on those who participate in them. Perceptions of the Church are established one conversation at a time.”


I also have some friends at the More Good Foundation, and they do something that I believe is very powerful—use technology to help spread the Gospel (without being overly assertive).

I hope to have time to write 2-3 posts/week.. The topics will revolve around questions I engage in personal study (both of the scriptures and other sources) and the answers I find both on the internet and through the comments of others.

Please feel free to comment; I will try to respond to as many as my time will permit. Know, however, it is not my intent to respond to or be engaged in discussion that do not mutually edify. Rather, let us reason together and mutually embark upon a road that will help us continue to grow.

In essence, my search is for truth, and wherever truth is found is a place I want to be!